AI Hydra HD light staying on all the time

sarahsnail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I had the driver fault issue with my AI Hydra HD, where the light stops following the schedule, stays on all the time, and stops responding to the app. AI sent a new motherboard which I installed, made sure all the pins were clicked into place, and now a week later I’m having the same problem again.

The light stays on and does not respond to the app at all. I have to disconnect and reconnect the light for it to go back on the schedule I have set. This happens every couple of days.

Dealing with AI customer service has not been a great experience so far - slow to respond and have given me the same advice multiple times even though it didn’t work.

So frustrating - would love to hear if anyone else has had this issue and whether you were able to fix it!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @sarahsnail

So sorry you have to go thru this. At least I can say #WelcometoR2R

I have had AI forever. Their customer service is weird, for me anyway. My lights before my current set were a hassle when I had an issue. My current lamps had an issue and they were beyond excellent to deal with. I will say prior was before ecotech took over AI.

Anyway, I am surprised they just shipped you a board. How long have you had the lamps? If it is within a year I would just fill in another RMA and ship the light to them. Sounds like you have more than one driver issue. I can suggest trying a factory reset to see if that does it. If not send in a ticket.

Let me know if that help

OP
OP
S

sarahsnail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @sarahsnail

So sorry you have to go thru this. At least I can say #WelcometoR2R

I have had AI forever. Their customer service is weird, for me anyway. My lights before my current set were a hassle when I had an issue. My current lamps had an issue and they were beyond excellent to deal with. I will say prior was before ecotech took over AI.

Anyway, I am surprised they just shipped you a board. How long have you had the lamps? If it is within a year I would just fill in another RMA and ship the light to them. Sounds like you have more than one driver issue. I can suggest trying a factory reset to see if that does it. If not send in a ticket.

Let me know if that help

Thanks for replying and the welcome!

Yeah it seems like the experience is pretty mixed since eco tech took over.

I was surprised too - I had to make sure that me installing it wouldn’t void the warranty. I had also shipped them the light to repair and they sent it back to me without testing it for an adequate period (the issue takes 2-3 days to appear but they only had it for a day before they shipped it back).

I’ve tried a factory reset a few times now but doesn’t seem to help unfortunately. I’m a bit worried that I won’t be able to get a replacement/ refund but happy with whatever suggestions I can get in the mean time!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back