AI Hydra HD light staying on all the time

sarahsnail

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I had the driver fault issue with my AI Hydra HD, where the light stops following the schedule, stays on all the time, and stops responding to the app. AI sent a new motherboard which I installed, made sure all the pins were clicked into place, and now a week later I’m having the same problem again.

The light stays on and does not respond to the app at all. I have to disconnect and reconnect the light for it to go back on the schedule I have set. This happens every couple of days.

Dealing with AI customer service has not been a great experience so far - slow to respond and have given me the same advice multiple times even though it didn’t work.

So frustrating - would love to hear if anyone else has had this issue and whether you were able to fix it!
 
Hi @sarahsnail

So sorry you have to go thru this. At least I can say #WelcometoR2R

I have had AI forever. Their customer service is weird, for me anyway. My lights before my current set were a hassle when I had an issue. My current lamps had an issue and they were beyond excellent to deal with. I will say prior was before ecotech took over AI.

Anyway, I am surprised they just shipped you a board. How long have you had the lamps? If it is within a year I would just fill in another RMA and ship the light to them. Sounds like you have more than one driver issue. I can suggest trying a factory reset to see if that does it. If not send in a ticket.

Let me know if that help
 
Hi @sarahsnail

So sorry you have to go thru this. At least I can say #WelcometoR2R

I have had AI forever. Their customer service is weird, for me anyway. My lights before my current set were a hassle when I had an issue. My current lamps had an issue and they were beyond excellent to deal with. I will say prior was before ecotech took over AI.

Anyway, I am surprised they just shipped you a board. How long have you had the lamps? If it is within a year I would just fill in another RMA and ship the light to them. Sounds like you have more than one driver issue. I can suggest trying a factory reset to see if that does it. If not send in a ticket.

Let me know if that help

Thanks for replying and the welcome!

Yeah it seems like the experience is pretty mixed since eco tech took over.

I was surprised too - I had to make sure that me installing it wouldn’t void the warranty. I had also shipped them the light to repair and they sent it back to me without testing it for an adequate period (the issue takes 2-3 days to appear but they only had it for a day before they shipped it back).

I’ve tried a factory reset a few times now but doesn’t seem to help unfortunately. I’m a bit worried that I won’t be able to get a replacement/ refund but happy with whatever suggestions I can get in the mean time!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new