Ai hydras 52 non hd worth it?

ReefTeacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find a Neptune AWM module for an apex, it will also control the non-HD Hydra 52's. They are out of production now, but used ones are sometimes available.

OP
OP
reef4u

reef4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I was just doing some research on the hydra 52 lights. Looks like the non-HD version that you are looking at DOES require the director. In the HD version it was built in like the prime is. Either way I would go for it.
Good to know i can't seem to find one anyways. Im screwd... [emoji20]

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
$150 each - Grab it. Theyre good lights and with the right schedule will enlighten you and your corals

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into something similar not too long back and AI sold me the remote, not the director but the remote control for $75 I don't know if they have the directors available but they definitely have the Wireless remote controls

OP
OP
reef4u

reef4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find a Neptune AWM module for an apex, it will also control the non-HD Hydra 52's. They are out of production now, but used ones are sometimes available.
Thanx saw a few. There just way over priced. From 150 to 300. Ridiculous

robosworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF ITS THE HD 52'S YOU DON'T NEED A CONTROLLER...THEY ARE WIFI... AND THATS A SUPER PRICE I BOUGHT 2 FOR ABOUT 650.

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get an AWM Module and APEX jr.
These people appear to have new AWM modules in stock. I know because I almost bought one. BUT I didn't because AI left me trade in the lights that I had for a steep discount on NEW 52 HDs. See below.
http://www.fishsupply.com/nesyapaiwiex.html

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue. Bought 2 26’s non HD with no controller. Bought the awm module to comtrol with my apex in the end. Couldn’t find a used AI controller anywhere. Made me mad that ai discontinued then

Back