Ai hydras 52 non hd worth it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef4u
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
If you can find a Neptune AWM module for an apex, it will also control the non-HD Hydra 52's. They are out of production now, but used ones are sometimes available.
 
Ok, so I was just doing some research on the hydra 52 lights. Looks like the non-HD version that you are looking at DOES require the director. In the HD version it was built in like the prime is. Either way I would go for it.
Good to know i can't seem to find one anyways. Im screwd... [emoji20]
 
Did you happen to ask him how he was controlling the lights?
Yes. He had a director. But told me gave to a friend that got it the day before i went to his house.
 
$150 each - Grab it. Theyre good lights and with the right schedule will enlighten you and your corals
 
I ran into something similar not too long back and AI sold me the remote, not the director but the remote control for $75 I don't know if they have the directors available but they definitely have the Wireless remote controls
 
If you can find a Neptune AWM module for an apex, it will also control the non-HD Hydra 52's. They are out of production now, but used ones are sometimes available.
Thanx saw a few. There just way over priced. From 150 to 300. Ridiculous
 
IF ITS THE HD 52'S YOU DON'T NEED A CONTROLLER...THEY ARE WIFI... AND THATS A SUPER PRICE I BOUGHT 2 FOR ABOUT 650.
 
If you can find a Neptune AWM module for an apex, it will also control the non-HD Hydra 52's. They are out of production now, but used ones are sometimes available.
Get an AWM Module and APEX jr.
These people appear to have new AWM modules in stock. I know because I almost bought one. BUT I didn't because AI left me trade in the lights that I had for a steep discount on NEW 52 HDs. See below.
http://www.fishsupply.com/nesyapaiwiex.html
 
I had the same issue. Bought 2 26’s non HD with no controller. Bought the awm module to comtrol with my apex in the end. Couldn’t find a used AI controller anywhere. Made me mad that ai discontinued then
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new