AI Nero 3- Buy or No

Saltguy768

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at upgrading my powerheads in my Fluval flex 32.5G tank. Currently in the process of rebuilding it and have an Aussie torch, two clowns and one chromie. I am able to get an AI Nero 3 used for $100 CAD or approx $70 USD look like new. For context my power heads in there still work but the suction cups are starting to wear out maybe a year left in them. Plan to go fish and corals in the tank but wanted to get thoughts on if this is a good deal for the unit and thoughts on the powerhead or any other recs.
 
if its lower than retail, i say go for it. i've owned 3 of these wave pumps with only 1 ever going bad on me (which was my own fault for not cleaning/servicing it). i like the convenience of having control of lights, pump, etc from a single app.
 
I just purchased a new Nero 3 for a nano tank. It arrived making an absolutely unacceptable amount of noise / clicking. During disassembly, I found a bunch of metal swarf that didn't appear to be missing from any part of the pump. Removing that also didn't stop the noise. Needless to say it was returned. I went with a Tunze Nanostream 6040 instead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new