AI Nero 3 wave maker

TL44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.

I just purchased the AI Nero 3 wave maker. Under “constant” stream, there are these burst every minute or so that discharge a lot of micro bubbles.
does anyone have the same issue? Is this bad for a reef?
Thanks

OP
OP
T

TL44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the unit approximately 2-1/2” below water level.

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just got the Nero 5 for Father's day.
At first mine did that but it is like jwwoodjr said it was to close to the surface. I moved it down just slightly and has not happened since.
How do you like it ?
This app is the same as Mobius for my vectra M1 pump is this the same company ?

OP
OP
T

TL44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll do that, thanks.
I like it. The app is very user friendly. Under pulse mode, it is a bit louder than advertised but it doesn’t bother me. The design is great and the thin wiring is a plus. Definitely an upgrade over the Jebao SW-8
I’m not familiar with the Vectra since these are the only two pumps I’ve used.

OP
OP
T

TL44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just lowered it another 4” and it stopped. I’m embarrassed I didn’t immediately think of this. Thanks again! Lol

OP
OP
T

TL44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s definitely a great unit. It’s not loud to the point where it’s annoying; I have it about 50% for a 40 gallon. I just got it yesterday so I’m still adjusting

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Nero 3 and used it off an on for about 9 months, thing constantly stops due to calcium buildup (i run kalk and 2 part) on SPS dom. system. Far less reliable than a cheap chinese pump I've had for 2 years. I have an MP40 too, with NO issues. I believe the thing runs hot and causes the precip and it's VERY hard to clean, have to soak it overnight in citric acid just to get the prop to turn. Anybody want this thing?

LucentFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does it very rarely. If you look at the waterline above the pump, you will see it will occasionally create a little vortex snaking down to the pump. If it happens a lot lower it, otherwise its a rare burst of oxygen i guess? :)

LucentFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.

I just purchased the AI Nero 3 wave maker. Under “constant” stream, there are these burst every minute or so that discharge a lot of micro bubbles.
does anyone have the same issue? Is this bad for a reef?
Thanks
Mine does it very rarely. If you look at the waterline above the pump, you will see it will occasionally create a little vortex snaking down to the pump. If it happens a lot lower it, otherwise its a rare burst of oxygen i guess? :)

OP
OP
T

TL44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes , it’s definitely rectified the burst of bubbles. I lowered it 1/2” and all was good

Cbryant54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Nero 3 and used it off an on for about 9 months, thing constantly stops due to calcium buildup (i run kalk and 2 part) on SPS dom. system. Far less reliable than a cheap chinese pump I've had for 2 years. I have an MP40 too, with NO issues. I believe the thing runs hot and causes the precip and it's VERY hard to clean, have to soak it overnight in citric acid just to get the prop to turn. Anybody want this thing?
Yeah, I'll take it

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back