Ai nero 5 or MP10QD vortech

NANO NEMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanting to place an order tonight which one and why for my 20 gallon waterbox cube. Thanks guys

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nero 5 seems to be super popular with smaller tanks but it'll eat fish up fast. It's design makes it so that small fish can easily get sucked in through the back. If you order it, be sure to also order a 3d printed guard from a vendor.

I personally like the Vortecs.

OP
OP
NANO NEMS

NANO NEMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nero 5 seems to be super popular with smaller tanks but it'll eat fish up fast. It's design makes it so that small fish can easily get sucked in through the back. If you order it, be sure to also order a 3d printed guard from a vendor.

I personally like the Vortecs.
The nero 5s comes with fish guard I belive as of june 20th according to bulkreefsupply I cant make a decision ugh.

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having owned both, Nero 5 definitely. Quieter, app is super easy to use, smaller. Wire in the tank is hardly noticeable since its so thin. As far as fish being sucked in, I never had that issue but have seen people complaining about it. Personally I don’t think a healthy fish would get sucked in. They do come with fish guards now.

I had to replace several swelled wet sides of my mp10s. Idk if they fixed this within the past couple of years. I liked how easy they were to clean, but nero is just as easy imo. My vortechs noise level was definitely more noticeable. The giant dry side isn’t worth all the hype imo.

But everyone likes what they like ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back