OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, aren’t these the “little pumps that COULDN’T stick to 1/2”+ glass? Haha, I kid, but seriously...?
I dont believe a 75 has 1/2 thick glass

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a Nero 5 on my 120 high for about a year. They did chintz out on the magnet for sure and it's a real pisser, considering the high price. From my experience, do not count on AI for support in this matter-I have a long email thread to prove it. The fact that it barely hangs on to 1/2" glass is shameful. It moves a ton of water, etc., etc., but if I had to do it again, I would give Reef Octopus a better look. Having said all that, it is dead quiet and really easy to clean. I pick up my "snail guard" from Melev's reef today.....this thing will inhale snails, starfish and anything that gets too close. Totally irresponsible on AI's part for the weak magnet and gaping holes at the back, w no guard from the get go.

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine that it would be pretty easy to replace the magnet with a stronger one.
I have been having a week long battle with them about this and I officially gave up yesterday. I sent them a vid w the pump walking off the magnet on pulse and they can't find it within themselves to put 2 little magnets in a box and send them to me. Shameful.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having a week long battle with them about this and I officially gave up yesterday. I sent them a vid w the pump walking off the magnet on pulse and they can't find it within themselves to put 2 little magnets in a box and send them to me. Shameful.
Have you tried going to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buying a strong magnet there? That would most likely be more that enough hold it on.

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried going to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buying a strong magnet there? That would most likely be more that enough hold it on.
No I have not yet done that. Having been in the aquatic industry for several years as a distributor and manufacturers sales rep, I find it reprehensible that It will have to come to that but I have given up trying to deal with AI. I have had my fair share of bumpy product launches and stonewalling an end user when all they have to do, is send me 2 new magnets to shut me up and make me happy, is short sighted and wrong. This is a recognized flaw.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been working great since last summer. I have it random flow with a slower feeding period twice a day. Once the flow dies down the fish know it is feeding time. I did use an extra magnet I had from Tunze ATO that fits perfectly and stronger. I don't have a cage around mine and have never had a fish get sucked into it.

FishDoc

Fish Obsessed.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine that it would be pretty easy to replace the magnet with a stronger one.
Nothing I love more than having to modify a brand new piece of equipment to make it function as advertised...Don’t get me wrong, it sounds like it moves water, but the magnet thing was a complete turnoff for me.

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my 3D cage from Melev's Reef today. Slipped it on and can't see any negatives. They should have made one available for sale on day one.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The $199 sale tempted me to try these. I have a pump and snail guard both arriving Friday. Very interested to see what these can do!

Back