AI Nero 5 upgrade

00Barracuda00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have 1 Nero 5 on my Reefer 350.
I'm noticing that I have a few dead spots in the corners of my tank, even after going through several adjustments.
I was considering adding another and placing them on the back of the tank (currently only on the side). My first thought was to just add another Nero5 and pair them, but I've been seeing some god awful reviews of the Nero5 as of late. I have to say, I haven't had a single problem with mine, but I'm afraid the newer products might be made differently?

Can anyone speak to this or recommend a different product?

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my Nero 5 paired with an IceCap gyre. I have the 3k but it's been replaced so maybe a 2k or 4k?

I have my 3k on one side up high and the Nero on the other side mid way up. The Gyre gives awesome surface movement and the Nero helps the water get back to the other side

OP
OP
00Barracuda00

00Barracuda00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I hadn't considered a gyre and a single powerhead. That might actually be ideal.

SweetRice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have 1 Nero 5 on my Reefer 350.
I'm noticing that I have a few dead spots in the corners of my tank, even after going through several adjustments.
I was considering adding another and placing them on the back of the tank (currently only on the side). My first thought was to just add another Nero5 and pair them, but I've been seeing some god awful reviews of the Nero5 as of late. I have to say, I haven't had a single problem with mine, but I'm afraid the newer products might be made differently?

Can anyone speak to this or recommend a different product?
Note: I'm very new to the sport...5 months in, so...;). I just installed 2 Nero5's in my RedSea 350 (replaced 2 Hydor 1500ac)...I put them on the back of the tank...I approached it cosmetically instead of logically...I get a tad OCD and wanted them directly under the light mounts and about 1/4 of the way down. (Headlights...;) So far so good...I'm still trying to find balance getting the flow where I want it and different types of flow at that. My flowy'est piece is a small Torch...I wanted to dial in a gentle flow. I'm ok with this. The other side of the tank I wanted a bit more flow, so I cranked it up a tad more on the left pump and BAM. All through the My AI App that I already had for my lights. I wish there was more official documentation. Meanwhile...trial and error. But overall, lovin' so far...And I think they look awesome !! (IMHO)

Attachments

• IMG_1560.m4v
    8.2 MB

Sirlurkzalot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the same boat as you and decided to get another Nero 5. The pumps are REALLY nice and you can change so many settings and set them up really specifically that I decided even if i got another to run at minimum speed it was worth it and it worked out for me now I have no dead spots at all.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back