AI Nero/Orbit magnet submerged

Oceanavekid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2017
Messages
250
Reaction score
51
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m switching from MP10QDM to Nero 7 and orbit 4

Who’s put the magnet on the back wall submerged in water? I believe AI has said the magnet wasn’t intended for that, but some users have reported doing so and having no issues
 
Is it worth the risk to you? :upside-down-face: these magnets are not made to be submerged; some has used them this way successfully though so they accepted the risk.

If it is a direct replacement for an MP10, then submersion shouldn't really in the cards unless you has the MP10 different than most? ;)
 
I’m switching from MP10QDM to Nero 7 and orbit 4

Who’s put the magnet on the back wall submerged in water? I believe AI has said the magnet wasn’t intended for that, but some users have reported doing so and having no issues
I actually called AI yesterday and asked this question. They said Yes you can it is same magnet as the one on the pump. They just mark it dry side for placement
 
Is it worth the risk to you? :upside-down-face: these magnets are not made to be submerged; some has used them this way successfully though so they accepted the risk.

If it is a direct replacement for an MP10, then submersion shouldn't really in the cards unless you has the MP10 different than most? ;)
I believe that the Nero magnets are indeed made to be submerged. They are plastic dipped rather than just coated.

I had my Nero 3 magnet submerged for a year and no water penetration. The plastic coated magnet from my ATO basically leaked immediately and began to rust within a month or so.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new