AI Nero

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 cheap Amazon jaebo wave makers with 30% to 100% with modes constantly wave pulse and random also a internal UV sterilizer I run 24.7 with the sterilizer and one pump on its creates good agitation flow up top. My question is if I go with one AI Nero will it be sufficient flow with uv sterilizer and not blast my sand and corals in my 40 breeder. I have both sterilizer and one pump going now but not flowing my torch and frogs and much as I would like. They barley move if any at all. I’ll post video !!

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nero 3 in a 15 gallon and it doesn’t cause mayhem at 50%. I think a Nero would be fine in a 40
Either Nero 3 for Nero 5 for me In my 40 breeder I need one to creat enough flow throughout the entire tank randomly and some surface agitation

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Nero 5 would be okay, but if it were me, I'd probably go with a pair of Nero 3s. It's nice to be able to place them at opposing angles to get a more random flow pattern.

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Nero 5 would be okay, but if it were me, I'd probably go with a pair of Nero 3s. It's nice to be able to place them at opposing angles to get a more random flow pattern.
I did end up going with one Nero 5 we will see how it goes

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Nero 5 a few months ago. Really like it’s controllability and easy app setup. I have a 180g tank that needed a bit more flow at far end of tank. I mounted it in and outside of my overflow chamber. Works perfect at 40%. Also have a torch at that end. All good. Good luck with yours.

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the Nero 5 In today and all set up to perfection. 110% better I get great flow for my frogs and torchees also not blowing around my oolite sand

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back