AI par Percentages

MacFishBabies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!
Anyone know what the best percentages to have one AI hydro 32 set to for a 70gal 30inchesTall tank ? I just got my first coral, Zoanthid.. but we plan to get more corals down the road and I’d like to have the lighting set now and not have to adjust it again.
I appreciate your help!

christianscorals

Water Bender
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!
Anyone know what the best percentages to have one AI hydro 32 set to for a 70gal 30inchesTall tank ? I just got my first coral, Zoanthid.. but we plan to get more corals down the road and I’d like to have the lighting set now and not have to adjust it again.
I appreciate your help!
depends on your history of lighting. to be safe, i would start at 20% and let your corals acclimate slowly, raise them up by 5-10% every week your corals will tell you if they want more light or not.

OP
OP
MacFishBabies

MacFishBabies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on your history of lighting. to be safe, i would start at 20% and let your corals acclimate slowly, raise them up by 5-10% every week your corals will tell you if they want more light or not.
Thank you for your insight! I’ll start it out low like that. How will it show me it’s too much or not enough? Is that when they suck in their “flowers”?

christianscorals

Water Bender
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your insight! I’ll start it out low like that. How will it show me it’s too much or not enough? Is that when they suck in their “flowers”?
if you have zoas or mushrooms, they both tend to stretch their bodies out towards the light when there's not enough light. you will see them "reaching" for it

Back