• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AI Prime 16 HD lights

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have two white AI prime 16 HD lights for sale. These are the new ones. Used for a couple of months, but upgraded. Lights must be sold with the arm mounts. Local pickup preferred, but can ship if buyer covers shipping. Shipping included.

$180 for light plus arm. Both for $350
8E01491E-7BAB-483B-A581-77D7AABB688F.jpeg

Last edited:

3sgterror

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honest question here as I am new to reefing and still trying to work out pricing on used gear.

I am in the market for a Prime HD for by Fluval Evo setup, but is $190 going rate for these lights used? I understand it comes with the mounting arm (12" flex?), but after shipping, it looks like a $205 purchase. I was at the LFS over the weekend and I could pick up the same setup brand new for $230 with full warranty.

Not trying to downplay your price, that may be the going rate. I am just trying to get a sense of what I should be expecting to spend.

OP
OP
kartrsu

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honest question here as I am new to reefing and still trying to work out pricing on used gear.

I am in the market for a Prime HD for by Fluval Evo setup, but is $190 going rate for these lights used? I understand it comes with the mounting arm (12" flex?), but after shipping, it looks like a $205 purchase. I was at the LFS over the weekend and I could pick up the same setup brand new for $230 with full warranty.

Not trying to downplay your price, that may be the going rate. I am just trying to get a sense of what I should be expecting to spend.i
It's a fair question and appreciate the thought around it. FWIW, I paid $235 per light including the mounting arm. With tax, it ran me $260 per light. From other sale threads, the lights seem to hold their value well. Saw one person asking for $175. I figured with the mounting arm included, $190 made sense for lights used for just a couple of months. Some recent reference threads:

On amazon, a used older generation prime is going for $183.

The lights are a solid build (I am still using the first gen AI prime for my frag tank and it's been 2 years).

Nonetheless, I'm willing to explore offers!

Auflyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious would you be willing to do a trade I have a New G5 XR15 pro only been used for three weeks, that is just too much light for me and I’m wanting to go with these lights? If not I understand but I figured I’d ask

OP
OP
kartrsu

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious would you be willing to do a trade I have a New G5 XR15 pro only been used for three weeks, that is just too much light for me and I’m wanting to go with these lights? If not I understand but I figured I’d ask
Thanks for asking. I’m using reef led 90s and they are great lights. Don’t think I need the xr15.

MichaelP121579

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a Hydra 32 id trade

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back