AI Prime 16 HD Output Question

I-do-me reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,
I have a 75 gallon mixed reef tank that I am growing a few SPS corals. curently I have 2 165 watt WiFi controlled chinese "Black Boxes" with 4 48" T5 retro fit bulbs running ( 2 Blue plus + 1 Coral plus and 1 Actinic). The Black Boxes have work for a very long time, but the color, over power and spectrum has always been something I want to improve on. My question is; Will 2 of the new AI Prime 16 HDs along with the T5s be enough to cover this tank for a mixed reef?
 
Hello Reefers,
I have a 75 gallon mixed reef tank that I am growing a few SPS corals. curently I have 2 165 watt WiFi controlled chinese "Black Boxes" with 4 48" T5 retro fit bulbs running ( 2 Blue plus + 1 Coral plus and 1 Actinic). The Black Boxes have work for a very long time, but the color, over power and spectrum has always been something I want to improve on. My question is; Will 2 of the new AI Prime 16 HDs along with the T5s be enough to cover this tank for a mixed reef?
Hello Reefers,
I have a 75 gallon mixed reef tank that I am growing a few SPS corals. curently I have 2 165 watt WiFi controlled chinese "Black Boxes" with 4 48" T5 retro fit bulbs running ( 2 Blue plus + 1 Coral plus and 1 Actinic). The Black Boxes have work for a very long time, but the color, over power and spectrum has always been something I want to improve on. My question is; Will 2 of the new AI Prime 16 HDs along with the T5s be enough to cover this tank for a mixed reef?
Well you have over 200 watts of of t5
So I guess it would depend on how long you run them for
Plus if they are not enough you could add a third one
 
Well you have over 200 watts of of t5
So I guess it would depend on how long you run them for
Plus if they are not enough you could add a third one
Thanks for responding!
LEDs start ramping at 7:00am and max at 12:00 until 4:00pm then starts ramping down and lights out at 9:00pm.
2 T5s (2 Blue plus) come on at 10:30am until 7:30pm. The second pair of T5s (coral plus and Actinic) come on at 11:30 until 5:30pm.
This has been my schedule for a bout 2 years. I had to drop the power down on the Black Boxes to keep some corals from damage, but has worked to grow many in the past. It is just that it does not look the greatest and the spectrum I know is poor coming from these units.
Again thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new