Ai prime 16hd

mariano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it does i haved that tank and light, issue is the light is not strong enough so you will need two of them
after you said is not strong enough i was like, i must return this lights. i ordered the redsea 90 instead (plus the mount is nicer ) , i don't wanna have 2 lights on my tank , i like minimalism lol. they should arrive this saturday !

Last edited:

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually on the underside of the light. I already had the light mounted and it was impossible to read without removing the light. I took a picture and blew it up to read the serial number. gl
Have you been able to schedule the light on a computer with the 16hd? I can’t get it to work.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been able to schedule the light on a computer with the 16hd? I can’t get it to work.
I've been able to on my tablet , you have to go into setting and turn the bluetooth on.

I'm going to add that getting rid of the wi-fi was not their smartest idea. I don't have or need a cell phone. I live just fine without one or the monthly bill that comes with it.

Last edited:

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No, I didn't try. I amazingly figured out how to download a set schedule (David Saxby) on my phone and apply that to the AI app. Before this, I had a schedule that i did myself. I recently upgraded my tank and needed 2 16hd's and the new light was easy to set up and automatically paired with the schedule i had set.

I do understand your frustration. I had the Prime HD before the 16hd and it was nice to be able to use your computer to set the schedule. I had a problem with the Prime Hd and AI was gracious enough to upgrade me to the 16hd. GL

Supposedly, AI is going to add wifi later on to the 16hd.

NYCDan7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one over my Nuvo 20G. I like it so far they seem to be working fine. Only been one month but I have growth on my zoa and Xenia so far.
I just got my prime 16hd and was wondering what settings do you use?

I have a 32g BioCube

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my prime 16hd and was wondering what settings do you use?

I have a 32g BioCube

Below is my current schedule. I did use something different in the beginning but I got a few sps so I upped my intensity. Had some issues in the beginning but I believe that was a chemistry thing and not related to light. Also most everything in tank have been making a rebound. If you can wait BRS will be doing a video on the 16hd very shortly!

44EC1328-C2DC-44CA-B153-7DEF67979DAB.png

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else seen that when two lights are on the same schedule they do not have the same colors during the ramp times?
I thought I was going crazy. Noticed it more at night when the lights are lower... one of them seemed to have a bit more red than the other

joshwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was going crazy. Noticed it more at night when the lights are lower... one of them seemed to have a bit more red than the other
Exactly. One light is blue and one is red or purple. They are a week old. I saw some reviews that said the same. I’m guessing it will eventually happen during the normal schedule, too. How is this still a thing? I get Aquaillumination is the budget brand for eco tech, but come on, they aren’t cheap. They need to fix the issue. The lights have been out for a year. The lights are great, otherwise.

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it has to do with having the lunar cycle on, more I think about it think I noticed that had an effect on it last time I was playing with the lights.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. One light is blue and one is red or purple. They are a week old. I saw some reviews that said the same. I’m guessing it will eventually happen during the normal schedule, too. How is this still a thing? I get Aquaillumination is the budget brand for eco tech, but come on, they aren’t cheap. They need to fix the issue. The lights have been out for a year. The lights are great, otherwise.
I run them over two quarantine tanks side by side on the same schedule and I have not seen this.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they just running the same program and schedule or are they a part of the same group?
At the risk of sounding dumb, you can group them? I just made the schedule I wanted and picked it for both. My perception is they are individual setups both running the same schedule?
Screenshot_20200923-215343.png

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, when you clicked the + to add the new one, after selecting the light type you get asked to create new tank or add to existing tank. If you add, then one setup and program works both

Screenshot_20200923-200006.png

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah that jogs my memory then thank you! Yes they are separate tanks and definitely not grouped now that you described it that way, I recall going that route now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back