Ai prime 16hd

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 16hd and really like it. It’s on a 20 gallon but I have to warn you the removal of Wifi caused me not being able to use a computer to control the light. The blending is really nice and it’s strong. I don’t use the moonlight but some people may.
You cant control it by computer but you can set everything up on computer schedule and everything and then make a link and import to phone easily

OP
OP
Stuart Willis

Stuart Willis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 on a Red Sea 250. Totally happy everything is growing like crazy with a pretty conservative light schedule. Highly recommend. I had 2 prime HD’s over a reefer 170 for a year and half and no issues ever over the whole time.

A154CE6A-2A8B-428A-8013-8B68D977EB14.jpeg B0D0A15B-A37D-4EC7-9603-5C7219199348.jpeg
Nice looking tank

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cant control it by computer but you can set everything up on computer schedule and everything and then make a link and import to phone easily

How would you go about this without having a previous older model? I couldn’t figure it out.

to use it ask for a serial number which I can’t use the one from my 16hd cause it’s too long.

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would you go about this without having a previous older model? I couldn’t figure it out.

to use it ask for a serial number which I can’t use the one from my 16hd cause it’s too long.
Did you login in on your computer to my.aquaillumination.com? It has you put serial number in there and takes the full one. I think you may be trying to connect through director I had that problem at first.

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you guys mean by “no wifi option” on this light. It connect fine via wifi to AI’s app. I added this one over my frag tank and was able to setup a new tank/light under AI’s app. Same control as for my 3 AI Hydra 26hds.

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you guys mean by “no wifi option” on this light. It connect fine via wifi to AI’s app. I added this one over my frag tank and was able to setup a new tank/light under AI’s app. Same control as for my 3 AI Hydra 26hds.
It’s not WiFi it’s done through Bluetooth now instead.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two on my new IM Fusion 25 Lagoon. I like the lights themselves but absolutely despise the Bluetooth connection. Takes 30 seconds to connect, adjusting the light schedule is almost impossible if you are trying to be precise...at least with my fat fingers it is. Zero instructions came with mine.

I'm going to try the suggestion above about adding it to the AI app on my computer because I had no idea that was possible thanks to the lack of instructions that came with it.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you login in on your computer to my.aquaillumination.com? It has you put serial number in there and takes the full one. I think you may be trying to connect through director I had that problem at first.

If I try to put the listed serial number in there are more characters than My AI will accept. If I put the numbers in that are under the bar code on the right it says "a device with this serial number is not connected to My AI" and it is. I can control with my phone.

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having the same (and other) issues with the 16HDs and after finally getting my issue escalated by involving where I bought them from I got some info...

The Prime 16HDs cannot be managed via the website, that's why the SN can't be entered. Since they don't have WiFi and work off BLE... Seems they extended these SNs to address that.

I had issues with loading presets, the videos didn't help, they are all for the older lights and that option wasn't there. So on my android I had to download an AIP file, and then select Open With > MyAI and that imported it.

Lastly, we discussed the lack of WiFi and control-ability... not being able to use the website, Apex, etc... and he said they actually do have WiFi, that it is disabled and will be unlocked at a later date.

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastly, we discussed the lack of WiFi and control-ability... not being able to use the website, Apex, etc... and he said they actually do have WiFi, that it is disabled and will be unlocked at a later date.

This is not so user friendly. I still like my light and am pleased nonetheless.

Thanks for finding this out for us all!

mariano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im kinda confused because we just ordered a redsea 170 and the ai prime 16hd with the AI Prime Tank Mount, but im not sure if the mount will fit on the overflow of the tank. it seems very chunky.

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im kinda confused because we just ordered a redsea 170 and the ai prime 16hd with the AI Prime Tank Mount, but im not sure if the mount will fit on the overflow of the tank. it seems very chunky.
it does i haved that tank and light, issue is the light is not strong enough so you will need two of them

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also struggled to find my serial number I ended up having to get a barcode reader because that's all that was on my box.
20200102_000255.jpg

It's actually on the underside of the light. I already had the light mounted and it was impossible to read without removing the light. I took a picture and blew it up to read the serial number. gl

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it does i haved that tank and light, issue is the light is not strong enough so you will need two of them

I guess it all depends on what you are growing. One 16hd worked fine for me on my Waterbox Marine 60.2, which is similar in size to the Red Sea 170.

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it all depends on what you are growing. One 16hd worked fine for me on my Waterbox Marine 60.2, which is similar in size to the Red Sea 170.
lps sps but yea softies prob fine and lps honestly, but like the spread is ugly looking so two just looks better

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back