AI Prime 16HD

doubleO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again, I’ve recently updated my 32 BioCube with an AI Prime light. I don’t have any corals yet but plan on keeping LPS and maybe adventuring out in the future. This is my lighting schedule so far.. I don’t know what’s good and what’s not. Any suggestions?

17766CC8-DBA9-41B2-99D0-EF3A02B13A77.png

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UV, V, RY, B are the coral growing channels. Red and green are mostly for visual purposes, so I usually recommend little or no red and whatever green is pleasing. White is also going to be for visual purposes (and I'd argue for the fish too but that's a whole 'nother topic). Add however much white you like. With the light 12 or 13 inches off the water, I like to max out the UV, V, RY, B, and then add a pleasing amount of G, and CW.

If the tank has no corals, you can run the lights very low (or off if there is enough ambient light). This will help prevent unnecessary algae at this point in a tank (assuming it is a new setup.

OP
OP
D

doubleO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UV, V, RY, B are the coral growing channels. Red and green are mostly for visual purposes, so I usually recommend little or no red and whatever green is pleasing. White is also going to be for visual purposes (and I'd argue for the fish too but that's a whole 'nother topic). Add however much white you like. With the light 12 or 13 inches off the water, I like to max out the UV, V, RY, B, and then add a pleasing amount of G, and CW.

If the tank has no corals, you can run the lights very low (or off if there is enough ambient light). This will help prevent unnecessary algae at this point in a tank (assuming it is a new setup.
Thanks for the insight on what the colours do, much appreciated! The tank has been up since mid October, just adding livestock slowly to prevent algae breakouts. Nothing but time

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ai prime website has a number of presets you can download from other famous reefers bunch are for mixed reef or sps dominant so may not be applicable now but yiu can keep in mind as you add stuff.

If you dont plan to have their intensity you can still use the 2 finger trick to lower the overall intensity while maintaining the same spectrum ratio and schedule.

I currently use a modified Saxby sch for my prime

sepulvd85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a modified pirates of the caribbean setting. If you have facebook join the ai group. You can download basic settings

OP
OP
D

doubleO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a modified pirates of the caribbean setting. If you have facebook join the ai group. You can download basic settings
I don’t have Facebook atm, is there any way I could downloaded them somewhere else?

sepulvd85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for information! Just wish it was easier to copy and paste from a screen shot and know the exact values lol
Am not great with the app but almost everything is at 100 except cool whites %10 and red and green are at 5%. Then i do a 2 hour ramp

OP
OP
D

doubleO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am not great with the app but almost everything is at 100 except cool whites %10 and red and green are at 5%. Then i do a 2 hour ramp
Thanks for your help I’ll have to mess with the settings and get somewhat close!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back