AI prime HD optimal settings

Dythomas11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started up my first nano tank (20 Long). It has finished cycling and I’ve just bought a Prime HD.

My question is what are the most ideal settings to run the light at? Not a huge fan of the all blues visually. I want to hear some of your guys’ suggestions for both visuals and coral growth. I would love to see a few pictures of your systems as well if you’d like to share.

Any advice or input would help. Thanks guys!

wlittlefield

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've got the settings in this video that I run. I've noticed an improvement: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vide...lluminate-a-sps-reef-tank-brstv-investigates/
2 full tank -1.JPG
3 anemone rock.JPG

OP
OP
Dythomas11

Dythomas11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I will definitely look into those! Since I’ve got a longer tank I was considering mounting it a bit higher to try and get some spread. Especially only being 12in deep.

Davin96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any updates? I have a 20L that i wasnt sure how i wanted to light. Was considering 1 prime hd but given the length of the tank thought two might be best

OP
OP
Dythomas11

Dythomas11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any updates? I have a 20L that i wasnt sure how i wanted to light. Was considering 1 prime hd but given the length of the tank thought two might be best

I would definitely go with two primes. I will post some pictures when I get the chance. Added a few corals. They are definitely adjusting nicely but the light doesn’t really cover the whole tank unfortunately. I’ll be looking to add another shortly.

OP
OP
Dythomas11

Dythomas11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running ramp 12-2 then down 10-12. My Monti has been loving it. My anemone has been opening up too great though so I may adjust it. Or should I let him just do his thing?

Benjamin Baus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i just brought the prime hd today and was recommend the same schedule as the one brooks Ross posted i was told to set 8am 2 ramp then 8pm 2 hrs ramp is this correct or do you guys recommend somthing else

EDWARD HARRISON

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just started my 125.i have 3 primes.i never used this type of lighting before,having trouble using the schedules,is there some web help on programming the lights.all 3 primes are connected to one parent.just need help with getting the scheduling. ty

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the link in the post just before yours and select a profile, import that. It has a starting schedule you can edit.

Thom24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Info as I have 2 on a new reefer 350 and am struggling for settings, beautiful set up btw!

ZeroDark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just started my 125.i have 3 primes.i never used this type of lighting before,having trouble using the schedules,is there some web help on programming the lights.all 3 primes are connected to one parent.just need help with getting the scheduling. ty
I bought my first one yesterday and I was raging mad at whoever came up with this software, after speaking with a couple of my reefing friends I confirmed that the latest update did away with weather effects and schedule confirmation so we'll see how it runs tonight.

Back