AI Prime HD - Wifi?

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the current model of the AI Prime HD Reef use WiFi, or is it Bluetooth? LFS mentioned that it's Bluetooth and therefore doesn't allow for remote access from anywhere outside the house as a result. Confused as I thought such lights would be WiFi given the price.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure AI is all bluetooth.

Its not necessary to have wifi on lights for remote access as these are things you really need to monitor or turn on or off unlike for example the neptune apex which is wifi so you can monitor and adjust things from a remote location.

Mikeht11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prime 16’s are Bluetooth. No need for wifi. Original prime hd had wifi, which i had, more difficult to set up. There is no need to access from a remote location. Set your schedule and leave it be.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the current model of the AI Prime HD Reef use WiFi, or is it Bluetooth? LFS mentioned that it's Bluetooth and therefore doesn't allow for remote access from anywhere outside the house as a result. Confused as I thought such lights would be WiFi given the price.
They made a big backward step with the Prime 64HD and made it Bluetooth only.

They said they were adding WiFi later, but they lied.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prime HD, Hydra 26HD and Hydra 52HD are wifi and have 13 LEDs per puck. Prime 16HD, Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD are Bluetooth and have 16 LEDs per "puck".

The older versions are the better light, IMO. Better lenses, better connectivity, just overall better construction. I sold several 16HDs to "downgrade" to regular HDs. I'll be using 26HDs on my newest tank build.

JamaicanReefer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The AI Prime HD is WiFi compatible , and the AI Prime 16HD is Bluetooth compatible hope this helps. Set them on your desire settings and let is be.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 72 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back