AI Prime light settings

hkm94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13.5 Fluval Evo, it sits sideways on my kitchen counter just under the cabinets. I have one AI Prime HD puck mounted under the cabinet. Looking for settings, not really sure how high or low to keep the lights as there is only about 4 inches clearance. Any help would be appreciated! [emoji4]

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would raise it as high as you can get it so that all corners are covered. What type of coral do you have? AI has some great downloadable settings on their website.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the settings from BRS:
upload_2018-9-25_9-38-5.png

rahusky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an AI Prime/Hydra FB group that has a ton of presets you can download and choose from as well as advice.

OP
OP
hkm94

hkm94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would raise it as high as you can get it so that all corners are covered. What type of coral do you have? AI has some great downloadable settings on their website.

Most of my coral is in the middle of the tank, I have two octospawn that don’t look happy. My zoas look good. Unfortunately I can’t raise the light at all because of location but it is much higher than the stock light was. Hoping I can figure out settings and not have to go back to the stock.

OP
OP
hkm94

hkm94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not completely but certainly not happy. It’s been a few weeks

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my 3 primes on my 40b running on the BRS settings. About 9 inches off the surface have lps, sps and softies that are happy.

Lps towards the bottom sps middle and top.( pocillopra anywhere lol)

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To edit, biggest concern you will have is acclimating to the light source. Lps can have higher light, sps a little lower than optimal. But need time to get there.

Dont make quick changes, when adding corals start lower in the tank, then move up.

If tweaking the light do very slowly, your less than optimal par will not kill a coral quickly, adding 20% more light the next day might.

OP
OP
hkm94

hkm94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To edit, biggest concern you will have is acclimating to the light source. Lps can have higher light, sps a little lower than optimal. But need time to get there.

Dont make quick changes, when adding corals start lower in the tank, then move up.

If tweaking the light do very slowly, your less than optimal par will not kill a coral quickly, adding 20% more light the next day might.

Thank you! That makes sense

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 192 71.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back