AI prime Lights Fan noise

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody know how to quiet down the ai primes? I have 2, and they are not even on full intensity and will be on full fan power all day long.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody know how to quiet down the ai primes? I have 2, and they are not even on full intensity and will be on full fan power all day long.
Have you changed the setting under advanced settings to keep the fans on?
Fan shutdown enabled should be set to Enable

They normally do not stay on.

OP
OP
davidandrzej9

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What setting is that? under advanced settings all Ive seen is fan shutdown which is enabled, and max fan speed

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What setting is that? under advanced settings all Ive seen is fan shutdown which is enabled, and max fan speed

Sounds like you have them set correctly.

IMG_4800.jpeg IMG_4801.jpeg

OP
OP
davidandrzej9

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them on a lower intensity when I had mostly soft corals in my tank but with the addition of LPS corals I turned the intensity up and now the noise is unbearable lol, Might have to purchase another light and just lower the intensity to before so it can shut up again

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them on a lower intensity when I had mostly soft corals in my tank but with the addition of LPS corals I turned the intensity up and now the noise is unbearable lol, Might have to purchase another light and just lower the intensity to before so it can shut up again
Are the fans and grille clean, because dust buildup can increase noise.

I clean them using an unused paintbrush.

OP
OP
davidandrzej9

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the fans and grille clean, because dust buildup can increase noise.

I clean them using an unused paintbrush.
No the lights are like 1-2 months old, got them new, theyre just super noisy, they sound like an old laptop trying to play a video game.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So - I had this issue - the main issue was dirt on the fans. Have you opened the fan and cleaned the 'wings' (I can't remember the name - fins?). Thats step one. Second - make sure the filters are cleaned completely

OP
OP
davidandrzej9

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I opened the fans and wiped any visible dust, Like i Said the lights are only about a month old, so not a lot of buildup. Will probably uupgrade the p.o.s. fans that it comes with. Quite ridiculous to pay 300 dollars for a light that cannot even shut up

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I opened the fans and wiped any visible dust, Like i Said the lights are only about a month old, so not a lot of buildup. Will probably uupgrade the p.o.s. fans that it comes with. Quite ridiculous to pay 300 dollars for a light that cannot even shut up
If they are a month old - I would make a warranty claim - they should not do that
I have had the same problem with those lights. If anything - while you wait for a new solution that you want to find - get one from AI

OP
OP
davidandrzej9

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are a month old - I would make a warranty claim - they should not do that
I have had the same problem with those lights. If anything - while you wait for a new solution that you want to find - get one from AI
Its been more than 30 days since I bought them and I dont believe I registered them, I just connected them to the app. I think I will take them apart and try to upgrade them, and if that does not work I will just lower the intensity and add a Blade grow or something.

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to clean my Prime every 2 weeks to ensure it doesnt get too loud. The fan noise on these lights is crazy, my Radions are very quiet. Kessils might be the perfect silent setup.

OP
OP
davidandrzej9

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to clean my Prime every 2 weeks to ensure it doesnt get too loud. The fan noise on these lights is crazy, my Radions are very quiet. Kessils might be the perfect silent setup.
How do you clean them? With a dust cleaner spray?

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you clean them? With a dust cleaner spray?
Yeah I'll pop it off the tank and spray it lightly with some compressed air. I'll use a Swiffer duster pad to wipe it down in between blowing it out and it seems to grab the dust off the protective screen pretty easily.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going to disagree - that is not normal - I would say 6 months -1 year

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to disagree - that is not normal - I would say 6 months -1 year
I wish, I unfortunately live in a very dusty place, and right next to a very busy LA freeway. I can dust in the morning and come home to a nice thick layer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back