AI Prime to XR15

Pico_Reefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Messages
266
Reaction score
150
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states, I just made the switch and am trying to figure out what power percent I should run. The light is on an IM 15g that is euphyllia dominant.

I'm currently running AB+ on 40%. I was running my prime at 65%
 
IMG_5994.jpeg
 
Well, an XR15 is roughly double the power of an AI Prime, so... I'd say to start at 35-40% or so. It has more spread so it won't quite be twice as much PAR, but it's probably close.

That is to say, you're probably pretty close. If stuff seems grumpy, lower it to 35% and do a 2 week acclimation up to 40%.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new