AI Prime vs current USA marine led?

dandoozled

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
96
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I was looking around for light fixtures for my nano reef, I currently have a fluval evo 13.5g tank with the stock lighting.. I’m slightly on a budget but I also don’t wanna regret any decisions on purchases later especially for something like lighting, which light system would work better for my reef? I do have a few corals already (zoas, Xenia, greenstar polyps, Duncan frag, and an acan). I plan on adding more zoas, along w/ maybe birds nest, finger leather, torch, candy cane and maybe an anemone in the near future... I was looking at the AI Prime HD and the Current USA Orbit Marine LED, although the price mark of the orbit is a bit more fair to me, would the prime be better? Is there even any real necessity for the extra 100$ price of the prime? Thanks
 
AI Prime HD gets my vote hands down. The Current lights are ok, but if you start getting into trickier corals down the road, the Current USA Marine light just doesn't have the power. To save yourself money in the long run I say go Prime HD right away :)
 
AI Prime HD gets my vote hands down. The Current lights are ok, but if you start getting into trickier corals down the road, the Current USA Marine light just doesn't have the power. To save yourself money in the long run I say go Prime HD right away :)
Thanks! I’ll save up for it then!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new