AI Prime vs Hydra 32

Lou City Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I'm back at it again with another question! My original plan for my tank [ (20 gallon long) (30"L x 12"D x 12"W)] was to buy 2 AI Prime HD16s, but with the AI Black Friday sale going on it had me thinking, now I am pondering the thought of buying 1 AI Hyrda 32. Any thoughts on this topic would be helpful. I believe I picked a very awkward tank to begin with as the length is 30"...

Thanks,
TBS

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t have enough spread. The 32 is really only good for 2ft max so you would probably have some shadowing. You’re better off getting 2 AI Primes. I’m kind of surprised they’re not on sale yet.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MONTANTK Unfortunately, I figured that was the answer lol. It was one of those situations that you ask in anticipation to hear the answer you want LOL! I'm surprised as well, I doubt they will go on sale, but that is okay!
Haha I totally understand! If you can, I would wait until Black Friday gets closer and see if they go on sale. It could be possible they’re holding back a little longer because they know how quickly people would snap them up.

OP
OP
L

Lou City Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I totally understand! If you can, I would wait until Black Friday gets closer and see if they go on sale. It could be possible they’re holding back a little longer because they know how quickly people would snap them up.
My plan was to wait and see what additionally goes on sale! I know, I feel if/when they do go on sale it'll be a quick grab for a lot of people lol. As Ryan and Randy stated last night, who knows when they'll be back in stock due to all the shortages happening right now. We can only hope they hold off until the end of Black Friday!

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan was to wait and see what additionally goes on sale! I know, I feel if/when they do go on sale it'll be a quick grab for a lot of people lol. As Ryan and Randy stated last night, who knows when they'll be back in stock due to all the shortages happening right now. We can only hope they hold off until the end of Black Friday!
You can always check your LFS too if they have one. I know most of the ones around me regularly have primes in stock. Ecotech and AI have done really well in terms of keeping inventory readily available

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back