AI PrimeHD Connectivity Issue

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...giving it a shot here since AI customer support was ridiculous and zero help whatsoever.

I've had my PrimeHD for about a month now. When I set it up it connected to my home wifi network with zero issues and worked perfectly for that entire time both with the web interface and the iPhone app. Then this week for some reason it's stopped connecting to wifi regardless of how many times I try. I've tried to reconnect via the app and the web interface and it just sits pulsing in limbo for a long time and then just gives up and starts broadcasting its own signal again. I know it's not a signal issue with my home network because it worked flawlessly before this incident and nothing has changed about the location of my router or the strength of signal. The light sees the network, but just refuses to connect after I type in the network password. Wondering if anyone here has experienced this issue and found a way to fix it? Would love to get it up and running again.

Rather than give me any helpful troubleshooting advice, AI support suggested that I just stop using that feature that I paid for and manually connect to the Prime any time I want to make any adjustments to my lighting. :(

Greatly appreciate any ideas any of you might have!!

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried resetting the prime? Hold the button for 10 secs until the light flashes red. Then set it up again.

That didn't work the first two times I tried it, but I did it again a few days later just to give it a shot one last time and it finally connected again. Hopefully it stays this way for good!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back