AIO baffle question

DavidY

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm DIYing a AIO for a tank and I dry fit the acrylic sheets yesterday. My question is, in the middle between the two baffles I plan on using cheato, I have seen other people AIOs have an additional baffle where the red line is drawn of the picture attached. I assumed that was for catching bubbles, but will it also prevent the cheato from slipping over the edge, or should I even worry about that?

AIO.jpg
 
I had mine in the second chamber with no baffle or acrylic. It shouldn't flow over
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new