AIO Tank recommendations please, Thinking about getting back in the game.

BRS

jabberwock

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
After a blowout/meltdown awhile back, I am considering a return to the hobby. I had a tank crack and following a frantic livestock rescue mission, and a significant loss of time and dollars, I hung it up. I had a 32 gallon AIO, and I would be somewhere in the same ball park size wise. Slightly bigger, slightly smaller would be ok, but not a cube configuration. I found that I do not like the vertical nature of a cube configuration. I would be looking at a YWG, some type of fire fish, a possum wrasse, cleaner shrimp and CUC. Maybe one or two additional TOTALLY PEACEFUL fish (code for no clownfish). I do like a sand tiger conch too. I saw a AOI conversion kit for a 40 gallon breeder from Fiji Cube and I am intrigued by that. Anyone have experience with those? Any other recommendations are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
BRS
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Tenecor Aquariums has an AIO drop in for 40B as well. They also have a full lineup of AIO tanks as well.

I recently picked one up, it's still early in the setup game, but some images and a review are in my build thread.
Great! I will check them out. Thanks

OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
You could look at the Fluval line, ie: 13.5 Evo or 32.5 Flex?
Oh Yes, the Fluval 13.5 is on my radar. Maybe it is a little on the small side though? I have a 15 gallon flex I used for fresh water and I really just do not like the curved front. Too much of a pain to clean. The Flex 15 will probably be my hospital tank if I rebuild.

Thanks you for the suggestions!

OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
This is the direction I am leaning. Any red flags?

AquaCave Logo Banner

polyppal

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
yup, go for an innovative marine with the Maxijet return pump

AS

Reefer 71

Reefin' since the 70's
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Cobalt C-Vue 18 gallon AIO.

They also make a 40 gallon and 50 gallon but both are currently out of stock.

1656197659371.png

Reefer 71

Reefin' since the 70's
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Also have you considered not going AIO?

If you want the simplicity of no sump, you can just drop a hob filter on the tank. Oase now makes one with built in heater so you won't have any equipment in the display.

OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I appreciate the suggestions! I love to be able to come to this site and tap into soooo much knowledge and experience! I have identified a potential additional stand, so I may not be so limited by dimensions. The search continues...

Nutramar Foods

BrotatoSalad

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have had a lagoon for 5 or 6 years at this point. Set it up in college, moved it with me when I moved out, drained and sat in a corner for a year, and recently refilled. The glass thickness seems "over-engineered" and the seals are clean. Based on my experience, I could definitely recommend any of the AIOs from IM. The only downside is you're fairly limited on skimmers if you want to add one.

bnord

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Good, make your decision wisely. I have a 15 gallon water box and my son has a 40 gallon innovative marine. Particularly like the stand on the I M. Both these tanks are top drawer and don’t think you can go wrong with either company

OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have had a lagoon for 5 or 6 years at this point. Set it up in college, moved it with me when I moved out, drained and sat in a corner for a year, and recently refilled. The glass thickness seems "over-engineered" and the seals are clean. Based on my experience, I could definitely recommend any of the AIOs from IM. The only downside is you're fairly limited on skimmers if you want to add one.
Good pointers. Thank you, I am going with a light bio-load (just a few peaceful fish). Not really planning on a skimmer. Can anyone talk me out of that decision?

BRS

Reefer 71

Reefin' since the 70's
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Good pointers. Thank you, I am going with a light bio-load (just a few peaceful fish). Not really planning on a skimmer. Can anyone talk me out of that decision?
I have a waterbox20 with no skimmer.
Two clowns and blue neon goby. Assorted LPS and SPS... I run purigen and seagel 24/7 and dose microbacter 7 and microbacter clean weekly. I tried a skimmer and there was very little skimmate.

I do run a skimmer in my moderately stocked 46 gallon. I dry skim and pull almost a full cup every week of dark sludge.

If you truly intend on keeping the stock low, a skimmer is almost useless.

Neptune