Aiptasia can kill/annoy a Bubble tip anemone?

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i have a small nano with just BTA and GSP. There are quite few aiptasia that i don't mind since i don't find them so ugly BUT some are pretty near or even touching the BTA.

My BTA is under heavy stress since i just found out i had a probe rusting in the tank with copper wire exposed and leaching all sort of stuff probably. BTA is a month or so that is closed up with stubby arms and stressed. Started with big water changes etc. in hope it will get back.

Can aiptasia annoy/kill/stress a bubble tip? If the case i will aiptasia-x the one near the BTA so that it will not give it more stress.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think the bubble would be the winner but I suppose if its stressed it may be at risk but I'm not sure. I keep bubble tips and aiptasia but none are next to each other. Well I don't really keep aiptasia but I stopped trying to kill them all. I think we have reached an agreement where I agree not to kill them and they agree not to multiply. It's been working for a year or longer now. I find them somewhat attractive under the right lighting. We'll get this to the top for you at least and maybe someone that knows for sure will chime in. Are you running carbon? If not it my be a good idea to help remove any contaminants that may have entered the water.

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I run carbon 24/7 but I've read that carbon is basically good only for take Ng out colore and smell, not really doing much for heavy metals. I will keep to do 20% WC every other day until I reach the double of th tank volume hoping it Will diluite enough.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back