Peppermint shrimp eat bubble tip anemone

Gaoweihd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2019
Messages
111
Reaction score
82
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I introduced a small rose BTA into it. Everything seemed fine during acclimation, and I carefully placed it on the rock. But, to my surprise, my peppermint shrimp started to bother it right away. I initially thought the shrimp was just being curious, but then I noticed textures of the BTA floating coming out of the shrimp's leg. Obviously the shrimp was nibbling on the anemone, so I had to remove the shrimp from the tank.

This same peppermint shrimp was originally in my 50g LPS tank to help with an aiptasia problem, and it did a fantastic job there. However, it then started eating my Favia coral, so I had to move it to the smaller tank. Now, I've had to return it to the 50-gallon, which had some aiptasia again. There are lots of aiptasia in the sump and refugium so I might eventually move it there, however I'm worried that it will elimiate the pods population in the refugium. Any advice?
 
Unfortunately I had to terminate mine.
Crabs got the boot as well.
No further issues so very happy.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new