Aiptasia or majano?

Cooper32803

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
910
Reaction score
300
Location
Orlando, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between the two and how do I get ride of either of them? Just noticed a few things in my tank after inspecting it after vaca and they are definitely something along the lines of those two... No pics yet, but will get some later... Thanks!
 
I can't tell you the different in them but to get rid of them a Kalk paste works (from what I hear). You can use pickiling lime from the canning section of any super store if you don't have kalk on hand. miz it up with RO/DI water to a paste just thick enough to go into a syringe. Then feed it to them :) It doesn't take much at all just make sure to have the kalk go into the mouth and you should be good.
 
Some people have used a boiling water and lemon juice mixture in a syringe and squirted it into the mouth.
 
I used 5 pepermint shrimp to get all the small aptasia and aptasiax on the big ones haven't had any in over 3 years...
 
shade the nem it will move then you can suck it out of the tank with an air line

I dont like to take the chance of it releasing 1000's of babies because it is mad
 
So it was aiptasia I had in my tank... I got two peppermint shrimp and within 24 hours, all the aiptasia I had seen was gone... yay!
 
most peppermint shrimps wont touch them
some copperband butterflies can ride them but they can also get your feather dusters
some file fish and bergia nudibranches can work also
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new