Aiptasia Transferability?

MobileGoat

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2025
Messages
30
Reaction score
22
Location
Newfoundland
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I noticed some small aiptashia in my quarantine tank a while back but added some peppermint shrimp to take care of them, which seemed to work perfect.

However, I noticed there are a fair amount in the HOB filter which of course the shrimp cannt reach.

I'm planning taking down that tank to make some space. But my question is:

Can I simply remove the aiptashia manually from the filter and reuse the filter and media on another set up, or would I risk even still introducing aiptashia into the next set up?
 
Do not reuse the filter without bleaching it. Throw the media away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new