Aiptasia with superglue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scotty333
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Anyone tried dripping a blob of superglue on these bu44ers ?
Thinking they won’t be able to fire of spores by not exploding like with aip-x etc
Just shut them up so to speak

Boil water, suck into syringe (no needle) and boil them suckers. Flood the little hole they retreat into. They don’t come back when you turn all flesh into a burnt puddle of goo.
 
Anyone tried dripping a blob of superglue on these bu44ers ?
Thinking they won’t be able to fire of spores by not exploding like with aip-x etc
Just shut them up so to speak
While you can, I have High success using a syringe or pipette, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away
 
Super glue absolutely works. It’s important to catch them early and deal with them as soon as possible. I’ve also had success covering them with epoxy.
 
Super glue absolutely works. It’s important to catch them early and deal with them as soon as possible. I’ve also had success covering them with epoxy.
I’ve also found covering with a generous amount of epoxy works.
 
Anyone tried dripping a blob of superglue on these bu44ers ?
Thinking they won’t be able to fire of spores by not exploding like with aip-x etc
Just shut them up so to speak

I've got a little aiptasia trying to establish itself in one of my tanks. I use gorilla glue when they get on my frags. Works pretty well, has saved a few frags.

Some of the little jerks made it onto my rocks. Those rocks are now baking in 90 degree sun outside, and will continue to bake for at least a week until I'm satisfied they're dead. Then maybe superglue. Then maybe I nuke the entire site from orbit (just to be sure).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new