Aiptasia!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter jUlitOc13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jUlitOc13

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2014
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question I had a live rock on my tank full of aiptasia so I took it out of my tank to kill the aiptasia I left out for couple of days on freshwater n mayb 2 days I let it dry can I just throw it back in my tank or will it make it crash??
 
Um well it depends what was on that rock. You could have a lot of dead critters on there and throwing it into the tank could cause some nasty algae spikes

I suggest

2-3 day vinegar bath OR
Acid dip

Then let it dry outside a couple weeks to ensure everything is off it.
 
Ok thanx anything else I should worry abt? would it cause my tank to cycle?
 
Consider this, by freshwater dip, acid wash, etc. you will basically be killing things off and a cycle might occur if it's a majority of your rock that you're cleaning. I have use peppermint shrimp's and have had great results with them, sometimes they pick up corals which is a negative but I deal with it.
 
If that was in your tank for any length of time you probably have more aiptasia now. Watch very carefully and get some AiptasiaX and treat new aiptasia that pop up IMMEDIATELY before they are out of control.
 
It was just only 1 rock I'm doing the vinegar dip n after I'll let it dry I'll let u know wat happens when I trwow it in my tank thx 4 the help guys
 
Consider this, by freshwater dip, acid wash, etc. you will basically be killing things off and a cycle might occur if it's a majority of your rock that you're cleaning. I have use peppermint shrimp's and have had great results with them, sometimes they pick up corals which is a negative but I deal with it.

Peppermint shrimp is safe and natural. I treated my aiptasia problem with "aiptasia X" by Red Sea and it never eliminated the problem. After a week of adding 3 peppermint Shrimp, I have no aiptasia.
 
I add it 2 peppermint shrimp couple months ago n they didn't do anything to my aiptasia [emoji20]
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new