Aiptasia?

JamesWeaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0821.JPG

Found on my live rock that I just bought and added to my tank. It’s a new tank set up for about 3 weeks only live rock and 2 baby clowns. Is it an Aiptasia? Will it cause harm to my fish? Best way to get rid of it?

Deereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalkwasser mix with hot water. Use a little syringe and directly inject on to it. If you don’t have that then vinegar or lemon juice will be ok

OP
OP
JamesWeaver

JamesWeaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalkwasser mix with hot water. Use a little syringe and directly inject on to it. If you don’t have that then vinegar or lemon juice will be ok

I was actually able to go in and grab with a pair of tongs it wasn’t planted just sitting on top of LR.

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually able to go in and grab with a pair of tongs it wasn’t planted just sitting on top of LR.

I'd go in and use kalk paste on the spot it was. If just a tiny bit of tissue is left it will grow another. If there are 5 tiny pieces of foot in that spot you will have 5 in a few months.

I mix it up fairly thick and suck it into a syringe(w/o needle) and just put a small amount on the area. It should gel up and stay for a few hours. This works well for aptasia as well. If possible pull the rock to apply

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta sneak up on it also fs it senses a shadow It may retract.

OP
OP
JamesWeaver

JamesWeaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0013.JPG

Also what is this yellow snot blob looking thing on the LR

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feather duster, good, and sponge, also good. I don't think your initial pic is an aiptasia. Looks kind of like a brown polyp. I'd have to see a pic of the other side/face-mouth to id.

OP
OP
JamesWeaver

JamesWeaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feather duster, good, and sponge, also good. I don't think your initial pic is an aiptasia. Looks kind of like a brown polyp. I'd have to see a pic of the other side/face-mouth to id.

Well whatever it was it is gone now. If more pop up I will be sure to post again

Deereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for late response. For vinegar, you don’t have to mix hot water. Just pure vinegar.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back