aiptasias invasion cured!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian wea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brian wea

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
167
Reaction score
26
Location
Ocala Fl.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i bought live rock from LFS infested with aiptasias. of course I did not know anything about them since this is my first tank. so I put a couple peppermint shrimp in last night and when I woke not a sign or crump of the aiptasias was left. absoulutly wonderful!
 
I bought two peppermint shrimp about a month or so ago and I still have aiptasia. I too, consider you very lucky.
 
I had good luck with peppermint shrimp too. I've wondered about those who haven't had luck with them if they actually got camel shrimp instead. A lot of stores pass them off as the same thing.
 
Post pics of the actual shrimp in your tank. And you should list where you got them from. A peppermint shrimp is not a peppermint shrimp is not a peppermint shrimp.
 
i have no nems.. i bouth the jbj 28 and i go get my kissel 360 for it today.. i will get some nems after i complete my cycle.. why do the shrimp pester the nems?
 
That's my concern as I now have aiptasia and looking for the best cure some have said the peps can bother other nems as well?
 
May I suggest once you are 100% positive the aiptasia is gone to find another reefing buddy to give to.
Peppers that you find that will eat them have a high probability of damage to other corals.
Congrats on the cleanup!
 
sorry poor pic. i used my phone but this is my treatment

shrimp.jpg
 
I to have had good luck with peppermint shrimp. I was told that peppermint gathered from the gulf have an appetite for aiptasia.
 
Will peppermint shrimp get along with other shrimp, i have a cleaner, fire and harlequin in my 150
 
I don't know but I have an update about my peppermint shrimp. I bought a rock from the ocean and it came with a hitchiner anemone I'm not,sure what kind it is but it looks like a bubble men of some kind. I started feeding it and the only time my peppermint shrimp nag it is when I'm feeding it they try to steal the food are all shrimp like this? And if I know what this men is that would be cool. Sorry another phone pic. I will get a better cam just for id of all these unknowns lol.

1219151901b.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new