Air bubble in hammer coral?

ZombieFish1971

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I noticed a clear bubble on one of the hammer coral heads. Looks to be over the mouth area? Polyps were extended like normal. Still there last night, polyps were retracted...normal. it is still there today. Jas anyone seen this before? LFS says they haven't heard of this? Should I let it be? Lance it?
20210508_182048.jpg
Suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you, Jason M.

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - head is splitting. It’ll take awhile - anywhere from a few weeks to a month or more. The bubbles will come and go in that time and eventually you will see more than one mouth on that head and eventually it’ll develop the new heads. It’s not a speedy process by any means. My frogspawn has 2 of its 4 heads bubbled right now, it has been that way for over a month, and the other day I noticed one of those heads now has 3 mouths. The bubble had receded but is back.

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg

These are my bubbled frogspawns. One is much easier to see than the other. They’ll deflate for a day and reinflate. It’s been over a month but the one that’s really easy to see has 3 mouths now when it deflates.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back