Air bubbler

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know of any that turn on automatically - though perhaps there are. Mine are manual. Penn Plax makes a corded airpump with a battery backup that switches over automatically, but you have to have it plugged in 24/7.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on a good battery powered airstone that turns on only during a power outage?
I got this one from BRS after my power went out a couple of times while I was at work. Also makes me feel much more comfortable about leaving town knowing that I should be good for 24-48 hours in case of an extended power outage. The negative I have is that the power cord is incredibly short and it's also really loud when running (had to test it).

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/silent-air-pump-with-battery-powered-back-up-sab11.html

nycfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got this one from BRS after my power went out a couple of times while I was at work. Also makes me feel much more comfortable about leaving town knowing that I should be good for 24-48 hours in case of an extended power outage. The negative I have is that the power cord is incredibly short and it's also really loud when running (had to test it).

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/silent-air-pump-with-battery-powered-back-up-sab11.html
nice thanks. Thinking 100 gallon tank would need a couple of these?
How do you hide the tubing and do you have the stone buried in the sand?

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice thanks. Thinking 100 gallon tank would need a couple of these?
How do you hide the tubing and do you have the stone buried in the sand?
I'm not sure how many you might need but that seems like a safe bet. Redundancy is a great thing in this hobby. Hiding the tubing has been the tough part. It's clear tubing that sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm sure black tubes exist, it just hasn't bothered me enough to change it yet...though I'm getting there.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back