AJ_Tsin's NUVO 10 Studio SPS Mixed Reef

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely LOVE blue bucket. I made the switch from CP to BB when learning about the CP was testing positive for phosphates.

EDIT:I just realized who you were !!! After seeing your link for TOTM on NR,I figured it out. Your old tank was amazing (I still follow that thread on there). I'm Reefkid88 on NR.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AJ_Tsin

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely LOVE blue bucket. I made the switch from CP to BB when learning about the CP was testing positive for phosphates.

EDIT:I just realized who you were !!! After seeing your link for TOTM on NR,I figured it out. Your old tank was amazing (I still follow that thread on there). I'm Reefkid88 on NR.
Yea the CP seems like a great product too, I just feel a little sketchy trying to keep my ALK so high.

Lol yea I was doing the shallow reef thing back when those dimensions were considered weird. I actually had to buy someones frag grow out tank to convert into a shallow display. Makes me kinda sad to go back through that thread, glad I have a glass box to work on again.

OP
OP
AJ_Tsin

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8198.jpeg

FTS From January

TateLitts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just jumping into SPS and acros now after a year+ of softies and LPS... I have a Prime over a NUVO 10 as well. Do you feel as though you have shadowing issues with the puck? That is my concern after reading other nano SPS reefs with a solo Prime, but your corals seem to be happy as ever.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TateLitts
From personal experience,I would not worry about shadowing until colonies REALLY start to branch out and grow. The prime has a pretty good spread and par distribution for its size.

Even then,when the time comes the Reef Brire K16 would be ideal to get some better spread and coverage,although par increase is not significant its enough for fill that void once colonies mature.

There is a guy on NanoReef that had 4 primes over a Nuvo 10 lol but was SLAMMED PACKED with acro's.

OP
OP
AJ_Tsin

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just jumping into SPS and acros now after a year+ of softies and LPS... I have a Prime over a NUVO 10 as well. Do you feel as though you have shadowing issues with the puck? That is my concern after reading other nano SPS reefs with a solo Prime, but your corals seem to be happy as ever.

@TateLitts
From personal experience,I would not worry about shadowing until colonies REALLY start to branch out and grow. The prime has a pretty good spread and par distribution for its size.

Even then,when the time comes the Reef Brire K16 would be ideal to get some better spread and coverage,although par increase is not significant its enough for fill that void once colonies mature.

There is a guy on NanoReef that had 4 primes over a Nuvo 10 lol but was SLAMMED PACKED with acro's.
I used to run T5s years ago on my reef so this LED certainly has more shadowing than I am used to however placement of SPS kind of fanning out from the rocks makes it kind of easy to make sure everything is getting lit evenly. I rented a par meter and kind of found a sweet spot between BRS's setting and my own readings. Raising the light as high as I could to maximize spread makes a big difference too.

I kinda like some of the more shadowy areas though because I can tuck LPS under ledges to take advantage of the variance. Par meter was pretty crucial to find these spots.

Lol I cant imagine trying to run 4 primes on this tank.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah,here it is with 4 from his IG. But his acro collection was huge and so were some of the colonies hence the ridiculous amount of Prime's lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220309-174639_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220309-174639_Samsung Internet.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 92

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 is definitely overkill lol. 1 prime should be good for awhile. I honeslty feel like the older primes produces better tanks than the new 16hd's do anyways.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man that looks spectacular!
your acros have crazy coloration…

Plus very nice growth there wow.. some corals developed to real beauties since march

whats the secret sauce here?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AJ_Tsin

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Plus very nice growth there wow.. some corals developed to real beauties since march

Thanks.

TBH I havent done much. These days I keep ALK and CA at the same levels as Red Sea Blue bucket and water change 10-15% every few weeks keeping numbers relatively in line with the water change mix helps with stability.

I am dosing only All For Reef about 5 ml a day and I dose a bit of brightwell phosphate and nitrate if things look faded or film on glass slows down but I havent been chasing numbers at all.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

TBH I havent done much. These days I keep ALK and CA at the same levels as Red Sea Blue bucket and water change 10-15% every few weeks keeping numbers relatively in line with the water change mix helps with stability.

I am dosing only All For Reef about 5 ml a day and I dose a bit of brightwell phosphate and nitrate if things look faded or film on glass slows down but I havent been chasing numbers at all.

Well, that is your secret sauce then! :)
Good job man, you know how to do it…

Hopefully my tank will reach the level of yours one day

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow,that is insane !!! Looking amazing,seems to be its time to start fragging haha. Everything been going smoothly ?

Its so rewarding seeing what can come of a reef with the simple steady routine huh ? And people think its so hard lol.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any photos under whites?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back