Albert Fog's Saltwater Experiment

AlbertFog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am new to saltwater tanks, but I dove right in. I have been in this for 6 months and have a 65 gal tank with 25 gal sump. I have spent a lot of time reading and watching videos beforehand. When I do things to my tank (like dose) or add something to take care of water parameters, I am learning that the prescribed amounts on the label don't always apply. That's what I call this an experiment. Its a fun experiment, but there have been some frustrating moments -like dealing with Dinos. I probably went through 6-8 weeks of Dinos before I read an article stating that raising the temp to 82*F in their tank did the trick for them, so I raised mine to 81*F and viola! Problem solved. I am finding many things are like that... its a matter of trial and error from everything I read and learn... but its fun. I come here regularly to read other's experiences when I have issues, to potentially help with mine. So thank you to all who post, because some of it has helped (some has not, but that's okay too), and if it wasn't for your willingness to post, I would be flying blind.

tempImageDXampW.png

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am new to saltwater tanks, but I dove right in. I have been in this for 6 months and have a 65 gal tank with 25 gal sump. I have spent a lot of time reading and watching videos beforehand. When I do things to my tank (like dose) or add something to take care of water parameters, I am learning that the prescribed amounts on the label don't always apply. That's what I call this an experiment. Its a fun experiment, but there have been some frustrating moments -like dealing with Dinos. I probably went through 6-8 weeks of Dinos before I read an article stating that raising the temp to 82*F in their tank did the trick for them, so I raised mine to 81*F and viola! Problem solved. I am finding many things are like that... its a matter of trial and error from everything I read and learn... but its fun. I come here regularly to read other's experiences when I have issues, to potentially help with mine. So thank you to all who post, because some of it has helped (some has not, but that's okay too), and if it wasn't for your willingness to post, I would be flying blind.

tempImageDXampW.png
Great looking tank!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back