Alert for inputs NOT changing

Haubfather07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a thought today that it would be nice to get an alert if a probe was having an issue by getting an alert that a reading WASN'T changing. A simple example of this would be temp. There is really only two options, the heaters are on and its climbing or off and its cooling. If my probe is reporting the same temp for over an hour, I KNOW there is something wrong with the reporting. Maybe its interference, maybe it's a bubble, who knows but at least I would know to look into it.

Does anyone have this implemented? I couldn't find anything on Neptune's website or here that correlated.

Any help is, as always, appreciated!

OP
OP
Haubfather07

Haubfather07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone that randomly finds this thread looking for the same answer. My reporting temp was an error with the Apex itself. I've opened a support ticket to report and hopefully find a solution. I got a reply in the Neptune forum from Zombie with the following excellent answer which I have implemented:

Not possible. The apex doesnt have the capability to do holding registers.

You can get a similar effect using a virtual outlet to check if your heater has been ON or OFF for longer than a set period of time though. Say for example your heater in a test week turned ON for no longer than 15 min and was never off longer than 30 minutes. You could do something like

HeatFailON
Set OFF
If Output Heater = ON Then ON
Defer 030:00 Then ON

HeatFailOFF
Set OFF
If Output Heater = OFF Then ON
Defer 060:00 Then ON

Email
(Existing)
If Output HeatFailON = ON Then ON
If Output HeatFailOFF = ON Then ON

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back