Alexander's Red Sea Reefer 425 to 625

NLKlis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefer addicts,

My name is Alexander, I'm 28 years old and new to this forum. I've been reading for a couple of time on this forum.
I want to share my transformation from a 425, to an 625 with you guys.
I'm in the aquarium-life for over a decade now, and started my first salt tank 10 years ago.

So first of all, we are moving out of this house, an apartment in the Netherlands, going to another house with a bigger livingroom. So I want a new, bigger tank aswell.

Let me start with the aquarium that I have atm now;

This is my Red Sea 425, which I bought August of '19. My former tank was at the house of my parents. The tank was full glass, black. Not to fit in the apartment where we live these days, so I bought a new fresh Red Sea 425. The tank was at my dad's, and I couldn't take care of it, so most of the coral died when I was away. But some of them came in the new, and this is where my journey of the 425 starts.

So as first, this is the tank how I started in 2019, like I said most of the coral life were dead. The Stylophora were mostly white, and had big dead spots. This is were we start.

My current technique:

Red Sea Reefled 90 3x
Jecod DCP5000 as return
Jecod DCP2500 for pushing through cooling unit, UV and Zeolite and Carbon
Blue Marine Chiller 400
Buble Magnus C7
Alkatronic and Dosetronic
Reefwave 45
Tunze Refugium light
Aqua Medic Helix Max 9W UV
Sera 300 heater
Refugium part in sump
2 powerheads for blowing my reef clean at the back.

Using frozen food, with Red Sea AB+ (daily) and ReefRoids (2 times a week)

18.jpg

The next pictures are how my tank is now.

09.jpg

10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

17.jpg

As you can see, the Stypophora evolved pretty good, got 2 mother roots now which I have to frag once in a while because they get too big.
Also the zoas get too wild, bought them as a 4 head colony, now I've got more then 60. Also a reason why I started to frag some.

15.jpg

06.jpg

In this threat, I would like to update you guys about building my new 625, which will be full set up before we move out here. Take all the living animals and bring it all over. We move away for like 20 minutes by car.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice

OP
OP
NLKlis

NLKlis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today some more fragging. The 11nd of February my new tank will arrive, so I need to slowly start to ready my corals for the move.

Lord of the rings are in numbers of like 60.

19.jpg

22.jpg

So with that done I'll started to frag some piece of this fella too. It's getting quite big. Let see what happens.

23.jpg

20.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back