OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning tank!

How did you handle introducing all the tangs - especially the Achilles and the powderblue, which are two of my favorites, and a combination I'd love to try?

~Bruce

I knew someone would ask! In fact I have another sohal in my dsb at my sump.

IMO the most important factor to the survival of fishes, especially tangs, is their feeding. I only introduce a new tang to the display after the fish readily accepts all sort of food. Nori, frozen and pellets, to the extent they will dare to feed from my hands. Which also shows signs that in the presence of other tangs' harressment, it will likely continue to feed. This is e most essential factor to survival. As it's difficult to ensure no ich presence, the immunity, powered by adequate nutrition is e key to ensure their health. Well that's a risk if you're like me, a tang lover.

A more chronological description.

I started with sohal and blue, both introduced as e first Tangs. Then I got my powder blue. Which I acclimatize for 2 months until it feeds readily. Introduced, gets chased 24/7 by sohal but never stopped it from feeding. After a few months, they don't fight anymore.

I bought my AT and yellow. Acclimatize together to form allies for another 2 months. Caught my sohal using a trap and introduce e AT and yellow after. The powder blue became e aggressor but that didn't stop the AT from feeding readily on nori and frozen. Both of them went through a patch with ich outbreak. However, they din stop feeding. With a couple of doctor fish, both of their ich has fully recovered

Now my sohal is in my dsb. Hopefully for new territories to be drawn before I introduce a slightly less territorial and hopefully more shy sohal back in for my dream combination of tangs. Wish me luck!

OP
OP
Alexcyf

Alexcyf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new macro shots. And a full tank shot :)

IMG_6248.JPG

IMG_6229.JPG

IMG_6241.JPG

IMG_6280.JPG

IMG_6351.JPG

IMG_5932.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow we need more updates!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Alexcyf, please give us an update on this beautiful reef!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back