Algae Barn and Rusalty - Chaeto - Unpacking Today

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone. Just as informational and because it happened to coincide I received both Algae Barn and Rusalty Chaeto today. I thought I would publish the difference in packaging etc.

Please note this is not a review just a simple photo set of the two. I will try and publish what I found over time. Up front I will say that the Algae Barn came with a little heater packet and looks perfect. The Rusalty came in a thermo sealed container but no heater packet and there were a few of the edges that were brown.

Additionally I must answer the obvious question - why order 2? Well, I ordered from Rusalty as Algae Barn was out of stock. Then it took some time to get anything from Rusalty so I ordered from Algae Barn. They arrived the same day (today).

Have any of you had more or less success with either of these brands?

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Everyone. Just as informational and because it happened to coincide I received both Algae Barn and Rusalty Chaeto today. I thought I would publish the difference in packaging etc.

Please note this is not a review just a simple photo set of the two. I will try and publish what I found over time. Up front I will say that the Algae Barn came with a little heater packet and looks perfect. The Rusalty came in a thermo sealed container but no heater packet and there were a few of the edges that were brown.

Additionally I must answer the obvious question - why order 2? Well, I ordered from Rusalty as Algae Barn was out of stock. Then it took some time to get anything from Rusalty so I ordered from Algae Barn. They arrived the same day (today).

Have any of you had more or less success with either of these brands?

Hi @KCSUMPS, unfortunately, our supply of jars(what we usually pack the chaeto in) ran short this week as our shipment was delayed. I am looking forward to any feedback you or others have regarding our products!

Cheers,
Sean

UM Aquarium Club

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't speak for Rusalty but I bought a jar of chaeto from Algae Barn at MACNA this year and had about a day or two before it made it into my tank. So far its been growing great and I didn't have any issues with it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 16.7%
Back