Algae Barn Coralline In A Bottle

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have always said that it will appear in your tank before you know it then you will spend more time trying to keep it from growing on the things you don't want it on! :) Not really a need to "buy" it.

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my 20 gallon tank up almost exactly a year ago. About three months in, after the massive algae bloom receded, I dosed purple helix. Followed the instructions precisely, bottle was fresh from the company and was packaged very well. About nine months later, the only coralline in my tank is on the shell of a turbo snail I just added last week. Will not be buying another bottle.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're better off getting some scrapings from your LFS. I felt like a putz after buying 6 bottles of this stuff

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my bottle during the winter and without a heat pack. My guess is that it died during transit. I'll probably only be getting scrapes of Coraline from the store from now on

ReefRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it works. I've used it on three tanks and have been surprised by its efficacy. In my 120 I have distinct pink and purple spots (I bought both types), as advertised. And it only took about two months for the coverage to begin.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has always worked for me. This is not made by Algae Barn, they are just resellers. I believe this stuff does have a shelf life and should not be allowed to get too hot or too cold or it can kill the spores.

As others have said, you can always get some scrapings from other reefers and accomplish the same thing.

atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worked for me but having stable parameters should be the aim first IMHO. or find a tank with some and get some scrappings...

ReefRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has always worked for me. This is not made by Algae Barn, they are just resellers. I believe this stuff does have a shelf life and should not be allowed to get too hot or too cold or it can kill the spores.

As others have said, you can always get some scrapings from other reefers and accomplish the same thing.
That is an important distinction. I've ordered other things from Algae Barn, twice, and found them to be useless. This product, however, is not. I got mine from Saltwater Aquarium, fwiw.

atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i went direct to the "manufacturer site" (ARC) to purchase it---free shipping--order by a certain time and it ships same day.

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone buys this product thinking *OMG im going to get my caralline algae in less then a few weeks* Well your thinking wrong.. this helps seed the tank but if your going through a huge algae bloom already then its not going to work. You must also meet the requirements for it to start to spread. Mine took 3 months now its popping off. i used 3 bottles over a 2 week spread.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back