• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Algae Barn Experience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed a order on Algaebarn.com 2/5/18.

They were delayed in shipping, I said that's fine. I understand. They shipped out on 2-13-18. Today they just arrived. That's 8 days in a box. It's Pods, Chaeto, Ocean Milk, and Nano Brine Liv Baby Artemia. I spent $90.00 with them. Maybe they need to change there delivery method ?

They said if it's DOA they will take care of me. Well I don't know how many of those pods died... What if I see a few swimming and the others not? My tank is new and I don't want to add a huge dead bio-load to my tank and crash something I just started. I feel 8 days is to long...

They say the Chaeto and Ocean Milk will be fine.. But will it? Can chaeto be ok with 8 days of darkness? Will it just die down the road? There Chaeto is expense and I bought it because it's clean....

They better just take care of me, if I was that company I would...

I will update you on what they do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder: This is vendor feedback. To facilitate resolution between buyer and seller no post from outside parties are permitted.

I'm asking for feedback from our form members. Will they last 8 days? Will the Cheato Last 8 days in darkness?

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are responding to my posts and it's not posting on here, just getting emailed. Is this something that's normal in vendor feedback forum?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are responding to my posts and it's not posting on here, just getting emailed. Is this something that's normal in vendor feedback forum?
The posts were removed due to the fact that in a feedback thread only the 2 parties involved. If you would like you can start a thread asking if Cheato will survive 8 days in the dark or be negativity effected, as long as you do not ask for opinions on algae barn or their practices.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The posts were removed due to the fact that in a feedback thread only the 2 parties involved. If you would like you can start a thread asking if Cheato will survive 8 days in the dark or be negativity effected, as long as you do not ask for opinions on algae barn or their practices.

Thank You

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: the pods came in super cold, I did not see movement. I sent in a claim and they are sending me out new pods, food and Cheto!

So now I don’t have to guess if what I’m adding will hurt my tank. All live stuff being delivered now.

Thanks for taking care of the issue AB. This message was never a dig at you, just was concerned on what to do when they arrive.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back