Algae barn mystery alage

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i have a red sea max e 260. Its a all in one tank I don't have the sump upgrade. I am still new to reef keeping so I don't have a refugium or any macroalage in the tank as of now. My goal is to increase biodiversity to combat dinoflagellates. I guess I will place it in the display tank until make a little homemade refugium for the back of the tank or buy a under cabinet sump.
If you have Tangs or Angels they are going to eat it all on you! Lol

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have Tangs or Angels they are going to eat it all on you! Lol
I want a tang, but no tangs. The tang police would hunt me down for having one in my 70 gallon lol. I have a flame angel but he never seems interested In alage of any sorts and my midas blenny dosent give it a second look either. Other than that two clowns and a fire fish.

falc

If I die today, I die a happy man.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahah, I understand. We are running a 15% off the 5280 pods (15PODS is the code). If the system gives you a conflict, just use 15PODS and write in the comments that you also want the mocha ogo.

@AlgaeBarn How long is this 15% off good for? I will be placing my monthly order of pods and phytoplankton in the next couple days??

Also you know when you'll get some Ulva lactuca in stock? I keep some in my refugium and wold like to order some more, my pods love it!!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well i have a red sea max e 260. Its a all in one tank I don't have the sump upgrade. I am still new to reef keeping so I don't have a refugium or any macroalage in the tank as of now. My goal is to increase biodiversity to combat dinoflagellates. I guess I will place it in the display tank until make a little homemade refugium for the back of the tank or buy a under cabinet sump.

You should be fine to add it to the display. This macro isnt in huge chunks, so it may spread around. You might want to put it in an area with lower flower.

If most of the plumbing is done in the display tank for the red sea, doing a DIY or purchasing a sump to fit under the cabinet should be very straight forward. We are about to film a quick video on how to do a DIY refugium, we will be sure to post the video here, to reef2reef.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@AlgaeBarn How long is this 15% off good for? I will be placing my monthly order of pods and phytoplankton in the next couple days??

Also you know when you'll get some Ulva lactuca in stock? I keep some in my refugium and wold like to order some more, my pods love it!!

The last day for the promo is November 10th.

We should have another batch of ulva ready for release on friday.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back