Algae Bloom HELP

Valdiviuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
This is a 2.5g nano, a week ago it wasn’t like this at all & out of a sudden the algae has bloomed a lot & I have no idea what type this algae is. Can anyone help
IMG_0166.jpeg
IMG_0165.jpeg

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
This is a 2.5g nano, a week ago it wasn’t like this at all & out of a sudden the algae has bloomed a lot & I have no idea what type this algae is. Can anyone help
IMG_0166.jpeg
IMG_0165.jpeg
It looks like diatom slide and some briopis is the stringy stuff or hair algae. Get in there and remove it. The diatom not really sure what to do with that. Plus your phosphates might be a little elevated if the algae bloom came on suddenly. Id recommend putting emerald crabs, astrea snails, top crown snails, and margarita snails to help clean up. And if you want a skunk shrimp just a cool little addition that has personality and it might even help! You should do a blenny or a royal gramma or tail spot blenny for your next addition if your looking for another fish to add. Also a cardinal fish too there pretty cool. Coral wise get this algae out before you add any but your first coral should be a leather coral of some sort toadstools, mushrooms, and xenias. I know you joined back in January but welcome to Reef2Reef! And I hope this journey goes well for you.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2.5 gallons is much too small for 2 clowns, not cool, they should be in a 20 gallon tank. No fish should be in that size tank, that's first and most important.

There is no flow in that tank, likely low oxygen as well. I don't see any type of filtration, so 2 clowns in that tiny tank will be a huge bioload, which can only feed the algae. What are the nitrate and phosphate levels?

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Valdiviuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2.5 gallons is much too small for 2 clowns, not cool, they should be in a 20 gallon tank. No fish should be in that size tank, that's first and most important.

There is no flow in that tank, likely low oxygen as well. I don't see any type of filtration, so 2 clowns in that tiny tank will be a huge bioload, which can only feed the algae. What are the nitrate and phosphate levels?
Hey @Mr. Mojo Rising I just realized you had replied to this post, I appreciate the information. This was actually my buddy’s tank & We moved those two clowns shortly after I posted this to deal with the algae so it worked out. My tank is the 26gal Landen all in one, The thread earlier today we were on about the Algae bloom & the cycling process so you’ve been super helpful. Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello everyone,
IMG_0166.jpeg
IMG_0165.jpeg
This looks like cyano versus algae and main cause will be too much light, lack of water flow and high levels of nitrate and phosphate. Also using tap water from faucet will contribute to this

Back