Algae eater for Redsea maxe260

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, looking to finishing up stocking my tank. I have a redsea max e260 with two clowns, flame angel, and a bluster leopard wrasse. I am looking to add an herbivore/alage eater to my tank. The redsea is 70gallon however that includes the back sump so really 65 gallons of swimming room. I would like to add a yellow watchman goby one more wrasse and an algae eater to my my tank. I was looking at the yellow eyed Kole Tang. However im nervous I would have bare minimum for this fish. Any experience with this fish in this size tank or other suggestions ?

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the flame behaving?
Good ! Swims with the wrasse, not aggressive, looks happy to me! He went rouge once though lol , destroyed my Acan colony... now never touched another coral or acan after that. I believe it was cause I was spot feeding it and he thought it was now his personal food bowl. I know feed coral at night with no problem.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to add a yellow watchman goby one more wrasse and an algae eater to my my tank. I was looking at the yellow eyed Kole Tang. However im nervous I would have bare minimum for this fish. Any experience with this fish in this size tank or other suggestions ?

Yellow watchman would be fine.
Most wrasses that are fairies, flashers, or smaller Halichoeres genus wrasses would be fine.
I would recommend that you skip the kole tang, for size reasons, and add a starry blenny instead.

Back