Algae fish for fresh cycle 90g tank

Braunreffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a mixed reef 90g tank, is on week 4 on stability every day.

I have a yellow tail damcel and some mushrooms ans starpolyp all of them looking pretty good.

Diatoms are starting to infest my tank as expected and im trying ro figure out whats the best choice for cleaning it.

Im am between a lawnmower blenny or a yellow tang, i think is too soon to place an invert.

What is your opinion on this?

15794924801132548354330081686356.jpg

OP
OP
Braunreffer

Braunreffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry my chemistry is:
Ammonia .25(api) so my best guess is 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10ppm
Ph 8.4
Phos .08-.16

And im sure is not cyano as damcel is eating the algae

zromano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree on choosing a fish. It’s too soon to put in a lot of inverts. When you do add inverts just add one or two and slowly increase. I hate seeing people load in 10 snails that all are going to die of starvation. Maybe someone can give more info on which fish but I think either works, just depends what you want in your tank. I added a yellow tang in mine 3 weeks in and it’s been doing remarkable.

OP
OP
Braunreffer

Braunreffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree on choosing a fish. It’s too soon to put in a lot of inverts. When you do add inverts just add one or two and slowly increase. I hate seeing people load in 10 snails that all are going to die of starvation. Maybe someone can give more info on which fish but I think either works, just depends what you want in your tank. I added a yellow tang in mine 3 weeks in and it’s been doing remarkable.

Awesome!, i just dot want to starve it to death and i dont really love lawnmower, i prefer another blenny more colorfull.

Also the guy at store wanted me to get a cleaner shrimp but i think it will suffer in a freshly cycled tank, i want a fiah tha can be happy on this buffet

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The diatoms will go away eventually. Neither the lawnmower or tang will eat much of them anyway.

Tangs aren't usually good first fish. You want to add them later, since they can make adding fishes after difficult.

OP
OP
Braunreffer

Braunreffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The diatoms will go away eventually. Neither the lawnmower or tang will eat much of them anyway.

Tangs aren't usually good first fish. You want to add them later, since they can make adding fishes after difficult.
So you think maybe i can go with some clowns and goby and let diatoms go by themselves?

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
So you think maybe i can go with some clowns and goby and let diatoms go by themselves?
My tank is 12 days old and I am adding two clowns and a Midas Blenny this weekend. My first diatoms appeared today so I just turned off the lights.

OP
OP
Braunreffer

Braunreffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

My tank is 12 days old and I am adding two clowns and a Midas Blenny this weekend. My first diatoms appeared today so I just turned off the lights.
Maybe turni g off lightd is not the best as diatoms run out the nutrients an die themselves faster, in my case that happebed and now is clean anf im getting frags. I already have 2 clown, 1 blenny and 1 goby

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back