Algae id and fixing

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this algae pop up about 1 or 2 weeks ago and it mainly in the spot where my clownfish sleep so I'm worried could anyone help me ID and how to fix thanks!! 20211010_192755.jpg

Attachments

• 20211010_192758.mp4
    5 MB

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Hair algea, green to deep green where it's especially thick? get a tang or some kind of herbivore. Can't begin to grow that in my tank, between the sailfin and foxface rabbit. .

OP
OP
COwCOw

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Hair algea, green to deep green where it's especially thick? get a tang or some kind of herbivore. Can't begin to grow that in my tank, between the sailfin and foxface rabbit. .
Alright thanks! I currently have a tail spot blenny but doesn't touch it, do you know any tangs that are small and could keep in a 29 gal with 4 fish temporarily?

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All tangs will get large, eventually. Also rabbit fish. Try a crab, emerald crabs, may or may not eat it. Some snails will as well, I'm assuming your snails(you have them right), aren't doing the trick.

OP
OP
COwCOw

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All tangs will get large, eventually. Also rabbit fish. Try a crab, emerald crabs, may or may not eat it. Some snails will as well, I'm assuming your snails(you have them right), aren't doing the trick.
yeah my snails arent doing the trick ill try out an emerald crab or two thanks!!

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry about the clown, it's not dangerous, but it will spread fast. You can get algeafix or similar, but becareful because you will nuke the tank like me, gotnrid of all my algea. Including my cheato in the sump.

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small tangs are cheap, I think my baby sailfin was like 35$ but now a year later he grew from 2" to 5ish. If you have a buddy who can take it or return to Lfs. But it's kinda ******. I love my tang, he's the tank boss and is the happiest of fish to see me.

OP
OP
COwCOw

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small tangs are cheap, I think my baby sailfin was like 35$ but now a year later he grew from 2" to 5ish. If you have a buddy who can take it or return to Lfs. But it's kinda ******. I love my tang, he's the tank boss and is the happiest of fish to see me.
Alright thanks!!

OP
OP
COwCOw

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry about the clown, it's not dangerous, but it will spread fast. You can get algeafix or similar, but becareful because you will nuke the tank like me, gotnrid of all my algea. Including my cheato in the sump.
Algaefix from api or somewhere else? Thanks!

OP
OP
COwCOw

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this algae pop up about 1 or 2 weeks ago and it mainly in the spot where my clownfish sleep so I'm worried could anyone help me ID and how to fix thanks!! 20211010_192755.jpg
I decided to turn the white lights on in my fix tank and they're brown? Theres more spots of it popping up, It doesnt seem to be dino (which i have at the moment in my tank) is it still green hair algae but brown? (please help id) also im planning on getting an emerald crab would they help thanks!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back