Algae ID assistance

Wolperthinger

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2023
Messages
23
Reaction score
9
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I seem to be having an issue with a nuisance algae. I would like to see if there is a "natural" solution to the problem before I try to attack it with chemicals. I have a starry blenny, a blue spot sea hare, and a smorgasbord of different snails, but none of them seem to touch the stuff. I was thinking about getting a foxface but I am not sure if it will eat this algae. I think it may be some form of bryopsis? See the attached pics (sorry for the poor quality I have a bowfront).

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

20230422_080148.jpg 20230422_075838.jpg 20230422_075821.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new